Friday 17 May 2013

A reflection

Points of Notice.
This has been quite a strange project for me and definitely not what I was expecting. But it has been a very interesting experience and I feel like I have learnt alot out of it.
Firstly it has been very interesting working within a group, the project is not then just about you, you have to consider the other people that you are working with and it becomes a point of not just letting yourself down but letting other people down too. My main aim within the group work was to learn to have a voice and believe in my ideas, rather than just take a backseat and roll with what everybody else wanted to do. I think I achieved this to some degree but definitely could have pushed myself more. One of the things I think that we could have improved on was our organization and how we worked together. We worked well at these things but I do believe we could have improved. There were ten of us in our group, the biggest out of the three, which I think can make it a little harder almost, as it is difficult to keep up with what everyone is doing and organizing us as a group. We did work well together and everything did tie in together at the end, but there was also quite a lot of individual work, where I personally feel that maybe we should have all collaborated a little more. We kept a group Facebook page which we all engaged on, keeping up to date with everyone's progress, sharing ideas and organizing our get togethers.
In terms of the work produced and our festival pitch, I do believe we all came together to create something quite interesting, we seemed to have a keen theme to make it fun, to make it interactive and I feel like we achieved that. As the festival was to be set in Manchester it obviously revolved around the city and its people, and I think to achieve an idea of what you want to do with the city you really have to engage with it, engage with its people. I think we achieved this to, through working within the city, speaking to its people through different surveys and interactions.
I don't feel like I have done my best for this project, but I am happy with the result of it. I still really need to work on my time management and stay productive through out a project not just in small bursts. I think I have learnt alot from this experience and it has left me really excited for third year. As this project hasn't been something that I would normally not be directly interested in, it has left me itching to go back to creating my own work. Over all it has been a very intriguing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment