Sunday 29 April 2012

Attempt Two

Actually above title is a slight lie, this is indeed attempt three, attempt two was a re-trial of disastrous outcome, recovery is in process,,

Back on track, new methods,,
After the difficult nature of the strict instructions from design sponge that I used to create my initial kokedama moss ball [instructions see below]


I seeked an alternative method,,
This came in the form of coming across this instructional video from Eden Gardens, an Australian based company,,



There string gardens seem to use a lot more straight forward method, merely gathering everything together and stringing it together, I am not entirely keen on the aesthetic outcome shown on the video and question slightly the lifespan this would allow the plant,,
but this is something to be played with,,.


Instead of using found moss for the outer shell, this recipe uses moist sphagnum moss, initially I doubted the appearance this would give the overall effect but in reality so far I am attracted.




The string ball is yet to be hung, images will follow and the survival rate may be questionable, updates will be forthcoming.







No comments:

Post a Comment