Wednesday 16 October 2013

All for the Mountain
A jewellery designer I came across, Carly Margolis seems to have a very interesting view on narrative and her output. I am not personally completely sold by the finished pieces but her approach excites me. Working predominantly in metal work, Margolis creates these fusions of futuristic,  apocalyptic, new age, sci-fi with a hint of a past tribal influence visions. Each collection having its own clearly defined chronicle.

I also really like her drawings, although am unsure of what this one is to represent, I like to pretend it is a preliminary drawing before the creation of a jewellery piece, but I fear it is not.

"They are meant to resemble miniature kingdoms"


Her website is also really visually pleasing and complements her work. The way her pieces have also been photographed and digitally styled I feel also represents her narrative. Her jewellery pieces hand crafted, age old traditions yet showcased in a very digital forward facing manner.



Separate point, separate artist, a diy aesthetic

Marolis, C. Design Drawing. All for the Mountain. [Online image] [Accessed on 16 October 2013]  http://allforthemountain.tumblr.com/

Marolis, C. Elevators. All for the Moutain. [Online image] [Accessed on 16 October 2013]
http://allforthemountain.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment