Thursday 10 May 2012

Further notes upon editing;;
okay so I intend to give myself a couple of different rules and regulations, to strictly follow in order to obtain a stricter narrative, to find a greater intrigue,,
My biggest problem currently is deciding which part of the text to use, I think for now I shall just start from the beginning, as with the 1st, this may change if a better plan follows,, 

RULE  NO.1
  • to extract only the singular words that relate specifically to plant life,  hay fever included but only direct, no snorts or sneezes
But does John Barleycorn count?
I think Barleycorn should,
and what about Mother Earth? [Included]
But from what I am about to say Mother Earth doesn't comply with this,
So should not have been included,
RULE NO.1, should be every word analyzed alone
 
sidenotesidenote:
but Noons writes so fabulously,
"the morning coming on strong
in a mini-dress of orange"
I want to include it all.

And what about punctuation?
Okay we will allow punctuation, but only if it directly follows a word,
For example Flowers! or earth,
Maybe I should have included the sneeze
There is no narrative, the sneeze is the result of the invasion
and the invasion is by the hand of the plant,
but where to draw the line?

So I am up to page 38,
this is a long and tedious expedition,
especially as I feel it would work best with the book done as a whole
per different edit, building up in intensity as the narrative grows,
quite literally,,,
but in other news,,
after originally deciding this rule was dull,
missing out on all the interest,
Noons grotesque and dark writing style,.
It has indeed built something of far different intentions,
although the variety of words is limited, this allows for
something strangely powerful

Example;;
trees flowers hayfever, grass flower-girl, flowers. mud flowers! pollen sap. grow flowers . . . soil. grass earth, sneezing flowers flowers sneezing, flowers Petunia. Jasmine. Rosemary. Primrose. roots flowers flowers trees oak tree. floral petals. sneeze. hayfever, pollen. petals, Leaves oak tree. flowers flowers leaves tree, sneeze hayfever flower ,,,,,
and so it continues  



No comments:

Post a Comment